After completing the application, students are invited to campus for a live audition and should be prepared for:
- Major scales up to 3 sharps and 3 flats (C, F, B flat, E flat, G, D, A)
- A short sight reading passage
- An instrumental solo or etude. NOT an individual part from their band music. This piece should be something that stands on its own as a solo and showcases the students musical proficiency.
- A short interview to better understand the student’s goals and background.
Percussionists should prepare the following
- A solo/etude
- Basic rudiments
- Be able to sight read a short snare passage
Keyboard instrument: your choice of Xylophone, Vibraphone, Marimba, or Bells
- Major scales up to 3 sharps and 3 flats (C, F, B flat, G, D, A)
- a melody or short etude showing keyboard proficiency
Drum set optional. If you would like to showcase your drum set skills, there will be a drum set available.
- bass clarinet
- french horn
- snare drum
- mallet instruments