A COMPLETE PORTFOLIO CONTAINS, IN THIS ORDER:
- Title page with your name, grade, school name, email address, and phone number
- Identify department you are applying to (Spoken Arts)
- Personal Statement: an essay (same as essay in application packet). In your unique voice, tell us why you want to be in Spoken Arts and give us insight into you as a writer: the poets, authors, and books that you love, why you write, when or how you write, if you’ve taken creative writing or spoken arts classes before (not required), and if you have any experience in poetry slams or other spoken-word performances or programs.
- Academic essay (something you turned in for an English class)
- One (1) recorded video performance of original work
- Write five (5) poems
- Write or video three (3) personal narratives (1 fiction, 2 non-fiction)
The audition consists of a writing assignment and discussion of your portfolio, prior experience, personal ambition, and program expectations.