TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PREPARING YOUR PORTFOLIO AND ABOUT THE CREATIVE WRITING DEPARTMENT, VISIT OUR BLOG HERE.
A COMPLETE PORTFOLIO CONTAINS, IN THIS ORDER:
- Title page with your name, grade, school name, email address, and phone number
- Identify strand you are applying to (Literary Arts or Spoken Arts). Indicate if you are open to being considered for the other strand if not accepted into your first choice.
- Personal Statement: an essay (same as essay in the application packet). In your unique voice, tell us why you want to be in Creative Writing and give us insight into you as a writer: the poets, authors, and books that you love, why you write, when or how you write, if you’ve taken creative writing classes before (not required), if you’ve been to any of our CW shows or readings, etc.
- Academic essay (something you turned in for an English class)
- Five (5) poems
- Two (2) complete short stories
- One (1) personal narrative (a creative/non-academic essay that tells a specific, true story from your life)
One (1) of the following:
- 4-10 page one-act play
- script for TV or film
- additional short story or personal narrative
The audition consists of a writing assignment and discussion of your portfolio, prior experience, personal ambition, and program expectations.