BE PREPARED to:
- Sing two (2) 16-bar excerpts (one ballad and one uptempo) from classical musical theatre repertoire (musicals written before 1965) and contemporary musical theatre repertoire (musicals written after 1965)
- Perform a one-minute comedic or dramatic monologue from a published play, not a musical
- Perform a cold reading from a monologue selected by the audition committee (no home preparation required)
- Learn and perform a choreographed dance routine
- Write 1-2 pages about your audition experience
- Participate in a short interview
- jazz shoes, dance or unrestrictive clothing
- current photo with your name written on the back (small snapshot, school picture, or headshot)
- copy of your music for the accompanist
Not permitted: recorded music, self-accompaniment, a cappella presentations, or outside accompanists or coaches.
Before you begin your song and monologue, introduce yourself and tell us what you’ll be performing.
“Hello my name is _________ and I will be singing _____ from ______. For my second piece, I will be performing _____ from _______.”
Before your monologue:
“I will now be doing a monologue from the play _______ by _______. My character’s name is______.”