All grade level students auditioning for Musical Theatre will be asked to present:
- Two 32-bar excerpts (One Ballad and One Uptempo) from a Classical AND Contemporary Musical (Note: If your Uptempo is from a Contemporary Musical, your Ballad must be from a Classical Musical, or vice-versa. Please bring a copy of your music for the pianist (recorded music, self-accompaniment, or "a capella" presentations are NOT permitted).
- A two-minute monologue of any style.
- A short cold reading from a monologue selected by the audition committee (no home preparation is required). This portion of the audition should demonstrate a student's ability to sight-read a dramatic selection.
- A choreographed combination dance routine, which will be taught on the day of the audition (Please bring your jazz shoes and wear unrestrictive clothing).
- There will be a short interview with the Audition Committee.
- Students will write 1-2 pages, reflecting on their audition experience