We seek students who demonstrate an intermediate to advanced level of technique and sight-reading ability; an understanding of period style and character of the work performed; sensitivity of touch and tonal beauty; and a passion for the music performed.
- a resume of your musical experience listing music classes, ensembles, private study, personal performances, chamber music ensemble experiences, and competitions
- two copies (2) of the music you will perform
Students without these items will not be permitted to audition.
- two (2) memorized pieces from contrasting periods (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Modern)
- scales and arpeggios as directed in major and minor keys up to 5 sharps or flats. These should be played hands together with correct fingering, four octaves up and down in parallel motion.
- sight-read a piece, selected by the audition committee, at the level of a Bach minuet.