The SOTA Piano Department is looking for students who demonstrate an intermediate to advanced level of technique and sight-reading skill; an understanding of period style and character of the work performed; sensitivity of touch and tonal beauty; and a passion for the music performed.
• a resume of your musical experience listing music classes, ensembles, private study, personal performances, chamber music ensemble experiences, and competitions,
• two readable copies of the music you will perform.
PLEASE NOTE: Students without these items will not be permitted to audition.
BE PREPARED TO:
• play 2 (memorized) pieces from contrasting periods (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Modern)
• play scales and arpeggios as directed in major and minor keys up to 5 sharps or flats. These should be played hands together with correct fingering, four octaves up and down in parallel motion.
• sight-read a piece, selected by the audition committee, at the level of a Bach minuet.