Includes three (3) drawings and one (1) shoebox project
Three (3) drawings on 8-1/2" x 11 paper.
- TWO-POINT PERSPECTIVE in pencil. Check the internet tutorials for examples of two-point perspective drawings
- LANDSCAPE from a photo or life (use color pencil, water color, crayon, or acrylic)
- STILL LIFE from a photo or life that contains three (3) or more objects (use color pencil, water color, crayon, or acrylic)
COSTUME + FASHION DESIGN PORTFOLIO
Includes five (5) drawings and one (1) shoebox project
Five (5) drawings on 8 ½” x 11” paper.
- All costume drawings must be original designs
- Drawings can be done in pencil or any other medium
- Drawings may be mounted on poster board with fabric/trim swatches (optional)
- Portfolios may include photographs of original costume or sewing projects (optional)
SHOEBOX PROJECT for both Stagecraft & Costume + Fashion Design
Build a 3-dimensional set/scene or art sculpture in a shoebox. Be inventive, thrifty, and imaginative and make sure all objects are firmly glued and/or attached. For best results, research, experiment, practice, and give yourself enough time.
MATERIALS: shoebox and other items (paint, glue, paper, cardboard, recycled "found" materials). Avoid using store bought items.
Clearly label your portfolio with student name and chosen strand - STAGECRAFT or COSTUMES.
The audition consists of drawing, a skills ,tools, and measurements assessment, a group project, and a brief interview to discuss your portfolio and work. Portfolios are returned on audition day.