To be considered for acceptance to the Theatre Department, students must participate in a 2-day audition workshop. All students must bring a current wallet-size photo with their name written on the back (a small snapshot, school portrait, or headshot, or high quality photocopy is acceptable). Wear clothes which are comfortable and do not restrict movement; sweatshirt and sweatpants are best.
DAY 1 - SATURDAY 8 AM
- Auditioning students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian for a 45 minute meeting to discuss:
- audition and admission process
- placement and advancement
- goals of the theatre department
- Monologue Presentation - no longer than 2 minutes (Monologue information HERE.)
- students must present a memorized contemporary monologue
- Cold Reading
- students will deliver a short cold reading from a monologue selected by the audition committee
- no home preparation is required. This portion of the audition should demonstrate a student's ability to sight-read a dramatic selection
- Short informal interview with the audition committee
DAY 2 - SUNDAY 11 AM
- 3 hour acting workshop for all students to demonstrate:
- work habits
- mental focus
- physical endurance
- willingness and effort
- ability to work as a team
- Writing assignment
- students will write 1-2 pages, reflecting on their audition experience
JUNIORS & SENIORS will be considered if space is available and are encouraged to apply.
Auditioning juniors and seniors must participate in all audition activities listed. In addition, they must present, from memory, a Shakespeare monologue of approximately 20 lines and a typed resume in standard professional format, outlining all roles and performances to date.