THE WELLNESS CENTER
The Wellness Center believes that academic success for all students starts with being healthy in body, mind and spirit. To this end, Wellness coordinates non-judgmental, student-focused health, mental health, and substance abuse services and programs for students on the Academy/SOTA campus.
- Robert Francoeur, Wellness Coordinator
- Maria Tobo, Wellness Counselor
- Kelsey Hulse, Wellness Nurse
- Kimberlynn Acevedo, Community Healthy Outreach Worker
In addition to the staff, Wellness works with counselors, case managers, group facilitators, and interns from community based organizations (CBOs) and universities to provide weekly support services for students.
TITLE IX RIGHTS
For questions regarding student rights under Title IX, please contact SFUSD's District Title IX Coordinator:
The nondiscrimination policy can be accessed at:
To learn more regarding Title IX Rights, stop by the Wellness Center and visit: http://knowyourix.org/
- Appointments: 8am-4pm•Monday-Friday
- Drop-ins during lunch and after school.
A variety of confidential services are available to students, including mental health and substance abuse counseling, nursing services, case management, support/empowerment groups, conflict mediation, referrals to community agencies and more. Wellness places priority on the whole person: academic and physical and emotional well being are all priorities.
- Violence and Abuse
- Depression & Suicide
- Sexual Orientation/Gender Questions
- Resource & Referral
- Sexual Harassment Issues
- Pregnancy & Birth Control
- Chronic Illness
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Family Issues
- Defiant, Impulsive, or Acting Out Behaviors
- Sexual Health
- Peer Relationships
- Cultural Adjustment & Identity Issues
- Smoking Cessation
- Staff Needs