WORLD DANCE AUDITIONS
We seek students with a strong interest in dance from different cultures. Be prepared to spend three full hours at the audition. Prior dance experience is not required.
In your unique voice answer both questions. Bring your paper (1 page) to the audition.
- Why you are interested in the World Dance program at SOTA and how will you contribute to the program? This is your opportunity to tell us about yourself, specifically your interest and/or experience in dance.
- Why do you think it is important to have a World Dance program?
- be prepared to briefly discuss your background or training
- present 1 minute of choreography in any style - your own or learned choreography
- if you have training in any traditional style of dance (Folklorico, Polynesian, etc.), perform a piece of choreography that reflects this training
- you may wear a costume but costumes are not required
- your performance potential during the audition will be assessed so remember to smile, or show whatever emotion is appropriate to your dance
- we provide speakers with AUX ports for students using their own music
- Please wear comfortable, athletic clothes
- No shoes are required